Our aim is to disrupt the market and transform how financial advice is delivered to those who can’t afford it today. In 2018, MyPrivateBanking’s global report ranked us first for innovation and flexibility and we have just been short listed in the Banking Technology Awards for “Best Use of IT in Private Banking/Wealth Management”
We are looking for a senior developer to work directly with the local CTO in setting up our new European development centre which will be a mix of local and remote teams. As senior developer you will be responsible for ensuring these teams are setup correctly and achieving their full potential. You will also be key to shaping how our platform develops, bringing your knowledge and experience but also your imagination and enthusiasm to the role.
This role offers a fantastic opportunity for somebody who wants to step up to the next level and be given the responsibility and autonomy to be part of building something truly market changing.
- 8+ years building and designing C#.NET applications in customer facing, high traffic platforms.
- 5 years + working with frameworks such as React.js or Vue.js
- Experience building integrations into 3rd party products using APIs.
- Knowledge of secure and defensive coding practices, you know what OWASP is and how to apply it.
- 2+ years working with Git based code repositories
- Understanding of continuous delivery practices such as CI, automated testing (ideally Cypress.io and Specflow) and continuous deployment.
- Experienced in working with SOA architectures ideally having worked with microservices. You have built APIs and understand the challenges in building them.
- Experience working with queueing (SNS, SQS, Kinesis, RabbitMQ, Kafka)
- 2 years experience working with AWS / Azure with a good working knowledge of how to design for cloud environments.
- 2 years experience leading agile teams ideally both locally and remote.
- You are comfortable working directly with our customers to design new solutions and solve problems.
- Familiar with Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence, Bitucket)
Nice to have:
- Experience working with NoSQL databases (Cassandra, DynamoDB, Couchbase, MongoDB).
- Knowledge of or interest in machine learning (Tensorflow, AML)
- Hands on experience of serverless frameworks.
- Comfortable working with more than 1 language and developed using Python, NodeJS or other languages.
- Good working knowledge of Docker & Kubernetes
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead development teams both local and remote including the management and mentoring of more junior developers.
- Ownership of feature development ensuring it is fully tested (automated and manual), performant and fully meets all requirements.
- Work directly with Ignition customers to design solutions to complex technical and business problems.
- Represent Ignition at external development community engagement such as speaking at meet ups, conferences or involvement in Open Source projects